Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thanks again to Youth Works!!

YOUTH WORKS
Youth Works returned for 3 days July 30, 31 and August 1 to Red Lake Rosie’s Rescue. The group included young people and chaperones from Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park near Pittsburgh, PA, from Monticello Covenant in Monticello, MN, and from Grandview, Iowa.

The groups were very hardworking as usual. Volunteers painted the cathouse front, the log storage shed, and all the kennels. 

Groups also did brushing and grounds work as well as interacting with the animals. 

The kids loved to bottle-feed the little kittens. 

We appreciate how these groups come in during the summer and make such a great improvement on the shelter. We love the work that Youth Works does!

Karen

NOTE FROM YOUTH WORKS:
I just want you to know how much we all enjoyed working with you. Your work is so special and so important! I feel like we learned so much about Red Lake and about the importance of loving God's creatures from you; you are a treasure and a joy to have met. I think we all felt very blessed that we had the opportunity to work alongside you.
 We are meeting tomorrow night with the kids that went on the trip to debrief and put together a presentation for the church service on Sunday. 

 The plan is to let the kids share what they learned and what God showed them during the week, and to bring back the message that both you and Kevin shared with us about how we should seek the truth and get to know the lovely people and culture of Red Lake and how hard all of you are working to make it a better place to live. 
 I will send you some of the kids' comments/feedback, because I think it will be really fun to hear. Red Lake Rosie's was definitely a highlight for all of them.

Also, I have the sage that you gave me dried and sitting in a basket next to my fireplace. It smells great and I see it now as a symbol of peace and I think of the people of Red Lake when I look at it and smell it. It makes me happy :-) 
Say hi to all of the four-legged buddies for me!

Thanks again,
Ana (Youth Works)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These young adults are the greatest, and offer such goodness for a brighter future, not only for the animals but for us. Very proud of each one!!!! Can't thank you enough for your help at RLRR, the giving of your time and talent, and for making a huge impact on the future for the animals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails