Saturday, August 31, 2013

Foster failure for Livia :-)

It was a cold day January 4th when Mike and Lauren were up helping at Red Lake Rosie's. Our mission was to help Girl the horse by feeding her and building her a winter shelter.

We also had a call that morning from the homeless shelter in Red Lake. A pit bull had moved onto the porch there and stayed. The staff wanted her removed so, as Mike and Lauren worked on the shelter, Karen took a trip to Red Lake to the homeless shelter and found a female pit bull we named Livia.
LIVIA NOW
Livia stayed at the shelter for about 3 weeks, was spayed, and vetted, then came her lucky day when she got accepted by a foster home in Minnesota Pit bull Rescue. We are so happy that she was such a nice gentle girl and well balanced. We had moved her in the cathouse because of the cold weather and since her fur was so short.
LIVIA AT RLRR
NOTES FROM HER PETFINDER POSTING:
My name is Livy and I am a cute, cuddly, smiley, girl! I was pretty shy and timid when I first moved in with my foster family, but I am starting to come around! I like chewing on bones and chasing after the ball a little here and there, but what I REALLY love is laying in my comfy dog bed in the living room or in my kennel. I'm kind of lazy! When I'm not resting, I love having my belly rubbed and my head petted. It makes me SO happy that I smile!

There are two other pups at my foster house and we get along just fine! We play a little bit here and there, but I'd rather get attention from the two-legged people in the house. :) When I get the inkling that they are about to give me attention, I get so excited and whap my tail against the ground and sometimes I fall over to make sure they see that my belly could use a rub!

I'm house and kennel trained and I know sit and stay/wait. I don't mind being in my kennel at all, as long as you make it comfy and cozy for me!


KAREN SAYS: 
It was so great to get this note from Laura Gray of Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue:

I just wanted to let you know that Livia has officially been adopted by her foster mom. That girl can melt your heart in seconds so it didn't come as a surprise. ;o) 

1 comment:

ef said...

I appreciate that you give us updates even when they're sad, but it makes it even better when they're happy, Yay , Livia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails