Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gypsy and her bff Gidget

HAPPY ENDING:
In February of ’09 when I lost my 10 year old shepherd mix [Max] to cancer. I thought I’d never be able to look at another dog again, but then I was hit by the puppy bug. After looking at hundreds of puppies on the internet for a few months, I ended up coming across a picture of a tiny puppy and her litter mates on Red Lake Rosie’s site.

GYPSY AT RLRRShe was listed as “No Name #2” and was part of the litter of 8 pups from this post in June -- the third puppy from the right with her paw on the fence. Something told me that this was the dog I had been looking for.

BABY GYPSYI applied & met with T. who was just great through the whole process & my boyfriend and I were approved to adopt No Name #2. She was so small when we first brought her home, just around 12 lbs. We renamed her Gypsy. Her full name is Gypsy Maxine Chompers, because she does this funny chomping at the air thing with her mouth when she gets silly.

GYPSY NOWThat was a little less than 4 months ago and she’s now 40 pounds and seems to be growing by the day. Everyone remarks on her interesting markings, soft fur and big ears. I’ve never felt a dog with softer fur! She’s a maniac for food and treats! She loves bones, running around & playing fetch.

GYPSY & GIDGETBut more than games or treats she loves her “cousin” Gidget. Gidget is my sister's dog, a Boston Terrier mix who was adopted from the Gentle Touch Animal Sanctuary earlier this year. Gidget used to be bigger than Gypsy -- for about a month. Gypsy is more than twice her size now but she still rolls onto her back every now and then and lets Gidget think she’s the big dog when they play. They have such a great time together!

I am so thankful for rescue organizations, because if these two were never rescued they would’ve never received a second chance at life, we wouldn’t have had our lives enriched by such great pets, AND they wouldn’t have known each other.

Thanks to everyone who is involved in animal rescue and thanks so much for approving our adoption application for No Name #2!

Thanks,
M

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails