Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Update on Foxie Moxie

Dear Denise,
(Pix are Mox in pool, Mox w/ her Fox in Sox toy & Moxie as my bath matt :)
It's not safe to encourage me to share stories about Moxie! :)
Let's see...this little girl that I didn't even know such a short time ago follows me around so closely she is always stepping on the back of my shoe or slipper. She loves practicing lessons from class. Sometimes I just use gestures. Moxie loves her squeaky toys! Usually all I have to do is say "squeaky squeak" and she will find one & start squeaking. Sometimes we carry on a squeak conversation back & forth. Perhaps in copying her Elkhound sister Sydneys' rooo-roooo noise, Moxie has started making a soft little roo sound, we praise her & she is doing it more & more often. We practice "bring this to mommy" "bring this to daddy" with an item and she is getting pretty good at it. Got her a pool to see if she would like it and she sure does! The hose though, is even better! She also thinks her new ball that squirts out water when she bites it is really cool too.
I keep adding new games to keep her mentally stimulated. A new one she likes is I creep my hand slowly toward her as she is biting on a toy.
She will stop biting it in eager anticipation of who can grab it quicker.
You can see the excitement in her eyes as she is trying to guess when I will pounce!
The fun Moxie & her sister Sydney have daily is hilarious! Sydney has gained confidence having Moxie here and also classes helped them both a lot.
Since Syd is right handed & Moxie a leftie, they will sit next to each other for a treat & when I say shake they each put their paw in my hand at the same time. Sydney had to learn it's ok for another dog to touch her, so this is a much bigger feat than it may sound! Sydney always liked to play, but the shelties in our home never cuddled w/ her etc, so she was foreign to someone like Moxie who has no comprehension that maybe everyone does not want to be sat on , or leaned on, or laid on top of!!
Yes, we have had some holes chewed in blankets, Some of my under garments have been devoured nearly completely, a shoe or two has some teeth marks on it, there are holes in the back yard just recently because there is some type of bug she is in pursuit of, several stuffed toys have met untimely deaths.........though I remind her those things are not good things to do, I smile inside, delighting that she is happy now, but I think not nearly as happy as she makes me.
D~ Moxie's mom :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails