Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Twin Cities Pet Expo

It was our first time at the Expo and it was very exciting and worthwhile! Our friendly RLRR volunteers, happy ambassador dogs, DVD, photos, brochures, t-shirts and dog & cat treats drew people to our corner booth. We raised $460 in t-shirt & treat sales and $271 in donations for a $731 profit. We collected a lot of high quality dog and cat food from vendors at the end of the Expo for RLRR. And we had 23 people sign up to receive the RLRR Newsletter, several of whom are interested in volunteering and transporting!

Several people told us they had adopted a Red Lake dog or cat through rescues and shelters that partnership with RLRR. Hearing comments like these is what it is all about!

1) We feel so good that we adopted a dog that had such a hard life – living outside with no shelter, scavenging for food and water. He truly appreciates every little thing we do for him.

2) I have never had such a wonderful loving dog.

3) When our eyes first met and I held Katie with her sparse fur and a raged ear and she cuddled in my arms, I knew that I had to get to know her better. After half an hour, we adopted each other. My life has never been so fulfilled!

4) I can’t imagine that he lived at the dump like many dogs do. No one cared if he lived or died until RLRR rescued him. As a foster, I had to coax him into the house with food and then he didn’t know how to walk on a floor. I’ll never forget how he stood frozen with his eyes wide open. I dribbled bits of food in a path that lead to the living room carpet. His body seemed to melt as he walked on something soft for the first time. It didn’t take him long to curl up into a plush doggie bed and start dreaming of a better life which happened a month later when he was adopted into his forever loving home.

5) My Red Lake dog took coaxing by her owners to surrender her. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into but after reading his terrible abusive story, I had to take him. It seems like he can’t do enough to show us his love and appreciation. Our hearts are one.

6) I tell everyone that I am the proud parent of a Red Lake cat. One of my friends also adopted one. When I got Pearl home, she hid for several days and then came out a little more each day. With TLC and patience, she now sits on my lap as soon as I sit down. She loves it when I hum to her.

7) I had never heard of Red Lake dogs until I read about them on the Pet Haven website. Thank you Red Lake Rosie’s for rescuing them and Pet Haven for fostering them. Max is an older needy dog and is such a sweetheart. We took him to obedience school. Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks! (RLRR has several wonderful rescues & shelters that we work with).


Thanks to our amazing volunteers and ambassador dogs who worked the RLRR booth, and made RLRR information sheets and yummy home-made all natural dog and cat treats!

Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails